Thursday, June 11, 2015

Contrast Balance and Harmony



I really like this picture for this assignment. It popped out at my when searching for a photo. It's perfectly balanced having the hands fill most of the frame. The contrast between the sweatshirts signify boy and girl, and the act of holding hands itself expresses harmony.


I took this picture last Spring and I feel it is a good example of this assignment. Being from Idaho I don't see much cacti so I was really surprised to see a flower blooming from one, and I think it's a good representation of contrast. A cactus sharp and prickly not really known for beauty, but at the top a beautiful colorful flower. The balance is asymmetrical with the cactus flower weighing on the right side. For me there is always some sort for harmony in nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment